Saturday, November 28, 2009

I recently decided to be vegan, can I still use makeup products from: nyc,loreal,and covergirl?

Just be aware that if you're going to be vegan and you're looking at what beauty products to use, just because they are labeled as ';natural'; or ';organic'; doesn't make them vegan. For example, most of the products by Burt's Bees contains honey or bees wax which is not vegan. Check out http://www.caringconsumer.com/index.asp and you can get a good list of what some options are and then, if you're not positive, contact the companies and ask questions.I recently decided to be vegan, can I still use makeup products from: nyc,loreal,and covergirl?
I'm considering being vegan too and bought this book called, ';The Better World Shopping Guide.'; It's extremely helpful and I linked you to it below.





It contains a lot of North American products and does a background check on them. It basically tells you which company performs animal testing, participates in child slave labour, and is socially irresponsible.





If you're concerned about cosmetics, you just flip to the cosmetics section of the book and they grade all the cosmetics companies from A+ to F. In your case, it rated Covergirl a C+ and L'Oreal a D. It also said that L'Oreal still performs animal testing and it is known that their products contain 2 popular carcinogens. NYC was not covered in the book, which is a product I use too.





This book covers eggs, juices, shoes, clothes, office supplies, and soooo much more. I don't know where you live, but here in Canada we have a shop called The Body Shop. I'm beginning to buy my make-up from there. They're known for their humanitarian efforts and their products are not tested on animals. I recently bought 4 eye shadows from there and it's amazing how much colour I get out of dabbing my brush a little bit on the palette.





If you were wondering which other cosmetic companies received an A, they were:


Aveda - (A)


Burt's Bees, Aubrey Organics, Kiss My Face, Zia, The Body Shop - (A-)





Take Care!I recently decided to be vegan, can I still use makeup products from: nyc,loreal,and covergirl?
LA Minerals is 100% cruelty free. Check it out at http://www.laminerals.com
well, using animal tested products in different from eating meat. To be a vegan you can use animal tested products but why would you want to???
well its your choice but i think you still can!
nyc doesn't test on animals, covergirl does, and so does loreal.


it doesn't mean that their products CONTAIN animal ingredients though, although they might. you'll have to research that, sorry.
covergirl and loreal test on animals so dont use them, sorry =[


maybelline doesnt though.
  • home theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    healthy skin